These chocolate chip cookies are yummy – and vegan! Just 9 ingredients, and 10 steps (and that includes eating them!). It’s the perfect recipe to make with kids.
If you prefer to use dairy milk or chocolate the recipe still works well, and for a gluten free version, choose a GF flour that contains xanthan gum.
Ingredients (makes 10 chocolate chip cookies)
- 100g sugar
- 165g dark brown sugar, packed
- 185g flour
- 120g cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 60ml cup non-dairy milk
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 115g vegan semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 115g vegan dark chocolate chunks (swap for milk chocolate if you prefer)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, brown sugar, salt and melted coconut oil until combined (ensure the oil is warm to help dissolve the sugar).
- Whisk in the milk and vanilla, until all sugar has dissolved and the batter is smooth.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula, being careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Scoop the dough with an ice cream scoop onto a baking paper-lined baking sheet. Leave at least 2 inches of space between cookies and the edges of the pan so cookies can spread evenly (or you might end up with one giant cookie!)
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until cookies just begin to brown. They will still be soft – as they cool, they harden so don’t be tempted to leave them in loger as they’ll become crunchy.
- Cool completely.
- Time to eat – enjoy!
We attach importance to seasonal, regional and organic ingredients to provide a biologically valuable vegetarian diet for all the children.Find out more about our philosophy.