All you need is 5 ingredients to make these vegan, gluten free chocolate cookies!
Baking with children is a great way to incorporate sensory experience, counting and being creative in their development. This recipe is incredibly easy and just requires a bowl and fork for mashing everything together before spooning onto a tray to then bake.
Ingredients (makes 5 – 8 cookies depending on how thick you like them)
- 4-5 mashed ripe bananas (1 1/2 cups)
- 120g nut butter (almond or peanut works best (1/2 cup)
- 50g cocoa powder (2 tablespoons)
- 50g sugar (2 tablespoons)
- 50g chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180C. and line a tray with baking paper.
- Mix all the ingredients (leaving some of the chocolate chunk) until smooth.
- Using a spoon (the mixture will be very runny), drop chunks of the dough onto the tray.
- Top the mounds with the remaining chocolate chunks and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- And you’re done! 5 ingredient, vegan and gluten free chocolate cookies!
Looking for more inspiration? Visit our blog for more recipes.
This recipe is by one of our favourite vegan bakers, Yum Vegan Treats, who you can follow on instagram here.